Saturday 18 March 2017

The plot of a new book I'm writing requires a young girl to lose her mother. Every author draws on real life experiences at times and they can be the best parts in a book. That idea makes me smile as it was certainly true about my first book which is an autobiography. It was nothing BUT life experiences spanning 58 years.
My current wife lost her mother when she was 10 years old. It's the perfect scenario I needed. The process of her mother moving on, and the conversations she had with her young daughter to keep her strong and prepare her for a life without her, while invaluable to her, is also heartbreaking beyond words. It would make extraordinary reading and see a spike in tissue sales. It's one of those pieces of gold an author loves to find. The strength in that young girl's nature has seen her grow into the most amazing person I've ever known. Every day I feel blessed that she has come into my life.
It wasn't my experience. It was my wife's, and we often draw on other people's experiences too, but after writing the chapter I deleted it.
Some things are sacred and best left to rest in eternal peace in the aftermath of their becoming. 💜💫🙏

No comments:

Post a Comment